About Us

Sport School of Excellence (SSE)

is a cricket institute situated in Gauteng.

SSE Cricket Institute, previously known as PHSOB Cricket Academy has achieved much success since inception in 2006. We are the premier Cricket Academy in Gauteng and are the first academy to be affiliated to Northern’s Cricket (NCU), Titans Cricket and Cricket South Africa (CSA). We are extremely proud of this and take great pride in developing young cricketers from around the country.

Our program has developed over the years and we have now rebranded ourselves as the SSE Cricket Institute and brought in more specialists and partners to give the players every opportunity to achieve their desired goals and results.

SSE Cricket Institute gives the students the complete feel of being a professional cricketer.

They will be eating, thinking and sleeping cricket for 5 days a week for 10 months of the year. The program has evolved for 10 years now and we feel is now the most advanced cricket academy in the country.

We have recently partnered with Titans Cricket, and will be known as The Titans Cricket Academy from 2016. This is a very exciting time for all of us as the Players will be based at SuperSport Park 95% of the time and the other 5% will be at a Local Club (Irene Villagers).

With this partnership the players will be having access to all the Titans Facilities and rubbing shoulders day in and day out with Titans players and Coaching Staff.

We limit our space to 35 students per year, so please do apply early.

Our Coaches

Chris Cardoso

Chris is a CSA Level 3 coach who is one of NCU coaching facilitators. He is also highly involved with SACA and one of Cricket South Africa’s registered agents. Chris along with Mark head up the Titans Academy and is extremely experienced in the field.

Mark Charlton

Mark is a CSA Level 4 coaching and was one of Cricket South Africa’s most successful Coaches. He also heads up NCU Academy and U19s. He along with Chris manages and runs the Titans Academy.

Byron Fraser

Byron is currently completing his level 3. He is also a Premier League coach and still actively playing the game. Byron has been with us from the beginning and knows the ins and outs of how to run a successful program.

Doug Yates

Doug is a Level 2 Coach and heads up the Irene Ladies side. He is also a provincial coach and takes care of the Titans Schools Program. Doug is currently a part time student not only to the game but also at University.

Maurice Aronstam

Maurice is the Protea’s head doctor. One of the best in his fields in the world he is a special part of the puzzle to get the players to where they need to be in a mental space when playing and preparing for the game.

Jolene Campher

Jolene has worked extensively around the world and brings her experience to our doors. We believe training under fatigue takes the players to the next level preparing them for the toughest conditions. Blessed to have her as part of the team.

Titans Specialists

We are fortunate enough to have access to all ex players that come in ever so often to assist and give back to our players. We also have full access too all the Titans players and Coaching Staff. Players that often Join us are Eldred Hawken, Jono Vandiar, Rowan Richards, Rassie vd Dussen and Grant Thomson to name just a few….

Contact Us

Send Us a Message

Contact Details

Email: info@sportschool.co.za

Directors:
Chris Cardoso - chris@sportschool.co.za
Mark Charlton - markc@cricket.co.za